We are reviewing domiciliary sometimes known as ‘home’ care services to look at what works well and where improvements can be made.
What will the review look at?
The review will mainly look at the care provided by independent home care providers. It will consider:
- How home care services are 'commissioned 'and purchased by local councils and health boards
- How agencies organise the care provided
- The quality of care people receive
- The impact on the workforce; their pay and conditions and the challenges they face as home care workers
- The quality assurance systems in place
We want to understand what is working well and where arrangements should be improved.
What we will do with the findings
Our findings and recommendations will be published April 2016. We will provide advice to those commissioning or providing services based on our findings. We will also make recommendations to the Welsh Government on the future regulation of domiciliary care.
More information about the review and how you can get involved is available from our National Review of Domiciliary Care in Wales page.