If you are already part of our voluntary approval scheme or wish to apply you need to be aware of the changes being made from 1 May.
What are the changes?
You will be required to have gained one of the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Children’s Care, Learning and Development (CCLD) (Wales and Northern Ireland) level 3, 4 or 5
- CYPOP 5 unit – Understand how to set up a home based child care service.
You must also:
- be over 18 years of age;
- hold a current paediatric first aid certificate;
- have undergone an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check; and
- have a qualification on the Social Care Wales List of Required Qualifications to work within the Early Years and Childcare Sector.
What if I do not have one of these qualifications?
Previously the Diploma in Children’s Care, Learning and Development (CCLD) level 2 was an accepted qualification under the scheme. From 1 May 2017 this qualification will no longer be accepted.
Further information about training opportunities, and any local funding support which may be available, to undertake the CYPOP 5 unit and other qualifications is available from the following organisations: