Working parents can start applying for help with their childcare costs through the new digital childcare services this means that:
- Parents of children who will be under 4 on 31 August 2017, and parents of disabled children under 17, will be able to apply through the childcare service for Tax-Free Childcare.
Parents with more than one child can apply for all their children when their youngest child becomes eligible.
How to claim you tax free childcare
You need to check that your chosen childcare provider has signed up to the UK Government digital childcare service (External link) before you can claim your tax free childcare.
Before you begin
- Choose your childcare provider using our website directory or by contacting your local authority Family Information Service (FIS) (External link)
- Once you have chosen your childcare provider, ask them for their certificate or registration number and their postcode-You will need these details when checking that your childcare provider has signed up to the digital childcare service
- To check that your childcare provider is registered in the search box:
- enter the certificate or registration number
- add a space
- enter the postcode
If they are registered with the new UK Government digital childcare service their details will be displayed.
If you experience problems
Please note some childcare providers may not yet be registered on the digital service. If they do not appear in your search results please contact the dedicated helpline on 0300 123 4097.
Further information and access to the new digital service is available on the Childcare choices website (External link)