From January 2018 we will no longer receive applications for Registered Managers for services which become eligible for registration in April 2018 under the Regulation and Inspection of Social Care Act (Wales) 2016.
This only applies to the following types of services:
- care homes
- children’s homes
- domiciliary care agencies
- secure accommodation and
- residential family centres.
The Act has the effect of removing managers from Care Inspectorate Wales registration from April 2018. As it takes 14 weeks for a registration to be processed, we have decided it would be disproportionate to require applications from managers from now on.
Registered providers must still appoint a manager and the manager should be appropriately qualified and registered with Social Care Wales. (External link)
What will this change mean for managers?
- From January 2018, managers will not have to submit applications to register. If managers submit an application to be registered with us, they will be advised they are no longer required to do so.
- If an application has been submitted prior to January 2018 and the applicant has not had a fit person interview, we will offer them the opportunity to withdraw their application. If a manager chooses not to withdraw their application, a fit person interview will be arranged and the application process will continue.
- If an application has been submitted prior to January 2018 and the applicant has had a fit person interview, we will continue the application process.
If you need further advice or information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.