This is our annual local authority social services evaluation report for Cardiff.
The report identifies progress, good practice and areas where development and improvement is required.
The evaluation is based upon:
- Information received from the authority
- Performance data
- Discussion at quarterly engagement meetings with senior officers
- Inspections of local authority services where these have taken place
- Thematic reviews
- Site visits
- Intelligence from complaints and concerns
- Information from WAO and other regulators and importantly our inspections and engagement in respect of regulated services operating in the local authority area.
The performance of each council has been moderated to ensure a consistent, transparent and proportionate approach. An independent moderator was commissioned to assist with the process.
The outcome of the evaluation and review process will help to inform both the current national inspection plans and any local inspections and site visits.
- File size:108 KB