The SASS is now open! Here are some handy tips to help you
Completion of SASS is a legal requirement of The Child Minding and Day Care (Wales) Regulations 2010.
Providers have until 4 February to submit their completed SASS and can save and return to it at any time before submitting it on this date.
- CIW Online portal can be accessed using careinspectorate.wales/online-services
- If you can see a red X and are unsure what it is; it means that section of the SASS is incomplete. Please ensure you have completed all relevant fields and the bar shows as 100% complete.
- Providers must ensure they are using the ‘service provider details’ tab when searching for the SASS. If they go into the individual service details, the SASS will not display.
- Please do not click ‘start application’ in the top right hand side of the bar, this is for registering new services only.
- If you are responsible for more than one service, please check the organisational profile details are correct, once completed any associated services will show in the next section of the SASS.
- Where childminders have a red X where their name shows, please select ‘edit’ and save.
- If you cannot access your account please check you are using the correct email address, this will be the one CIW associates with your online account.
- If you provide sessional care outside of school term, we are aware there are a few issues and will aim to rectify as soon as possible.
For technical assistance accessing CIW online to complete your SASS, contact us on 0300 7900 126, Option 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.