The SASS is now open! Here are some handy tips to help you
Completion of SASS is a legal requirement of The Child Minding and Day Care (Wales) Regulations 2010.
Providers have until 4 February to submit their completed SASS and can save and return to it at any time before submitting it on this date.
- CIW Online portal can be accessed using careinspectorate.wales/online-services
- If you can see a red X and are unsure what it is; it means that section of the SASS is incomplete. Please ensure you have completed all relevant fields and the bar shows as 100% complete.
- Providers must ensure they are using the ‘service provider details’ tab when searching for the SASS. If they go into the individual service details, the SASS will not display.
- Please do not click ‘start application’ in the top right hand side of the bar, this is for registering new services only.
- If you are responsible for more than one service, please check the organisational profile details are correct, once completed any associated services will show in the next section of the SASS.
- Where childminders have a red X where their name shows, please select ‘edit’ and save.
- If you cannot access your account please check you are using the correct email address, this will be the one CIW associates with your online account.
For technical assistance accessing CIW online to complete your SASS, contact us on 0300 7900 126, Option 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.