Skip to main content
Care Inspectorate Wales

Raise a concern

How to raise a concern or feedback compliments about a care service.

Concerns are an important source of information for us and are often raised by the people who use and rely on the care services we regulate; as well as their relatives, visitors, staff, involved professionals or neighbours.

If you want to make a complaint about a care provider

We welcome your concerns, comments and compliments about any service provider we regulate. We are unable legally however, to investigate individual complaints or resolve disagreements between people and their service providers.

Each service provider is required to have their own complaints procedure.  We suggest first, that you contact the provider directly to resolve your complaint.

If you’re still unhappy

If after exhausting the care provider complaints procedure you remain unhappy we may consider the issues and look at these as part of our inspection process.

You can also contact the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales about a range of issues. Visit the Ombudsman’s website (External link) for further details.

Safeguarding referral

If you’re concerned that a child or adult in your family or community may be at risk of harm, abuse or neglect, you can contact social services in your area to report a safeguarding concern. Visit the Welsh Government website (External link) for contact details.

How to raise a concern

You can raise a concern in a number of ways with our CIW Connect Team. Tell us by email, telephone or speak to our inspectors during an inspection.

  • Phone us: 0300 7900 126 option 2
  • Email us:
  • Submit your concern using the form below

Feedback form

Fields marked * are mandatory

Do you wish to remain anonymous?*

By submitting this form you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy where you can read how we handle your data and information.

  • Share this page
  • Twitter Facebook Email More