Findings from our Chief Inspector’s annual report.
Our annual report outlines our work throughout the year.
Reference to ‘Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales’ (CSSIW) in the documents on this page should be read as ‘Care Inspectorate Wales'.
Registration and de-registration
- Registered 466 new services
- Closed or de-registered 501 services
- Undertook 4492 inspections and wrote a report on each service.This included an additional 284 inspections in response to concerns from others and exceeded our inspection programme for regulated services by 7%
- We issued 1,303 non-compliance notices to 343 services and identified 57 services as ‘services of concern’.
- As of 1 April 2013, we had 18 open ‘services of concern’ which were identified in the previous year. During 2013/14, we assessed a further 57 services as ‘services of concern’. Action was concluded in 49 of these services, of which:
- 24 achieved improvement;
- 13 services’ registrations either cancelled or had restrictions imposed;
- two had enforcement notices issued;
- nine related to unregistered services, of which three registered and became compliant, four ceased operating and two upon investigation did not require registration;
- Criminal investigations were also launched into one service.
Services of concern
- As of 31 March 2014, 26 ‘services of concern’ remained open.
Local authority reports
- We completed an annual evaluation of all 22 local authority social services departments.
- We continued to monitor Neath Port Talbot Council’s Children’s Services under the serious concerns protocol.
- We undertook a national inspection of all local authority children’s services for looked after children.
- We carried out a review of commissioning, including five local authorities.
- We undertook an inspection of CAFCASS Cymru (Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service).
- File size:2 MB