Our findings and recommendations for Older Adult Services.
We undertook an inspection jointly with Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW) (External link), and explored how well Carmarthenshire County Council (CCC) is promoting independence and preventing escalating needs for older adults.
- Well-being - we found that people can be increasingly confident that the local authority recognises that adults are the best people to judge their own wellbeing.
- People – voice and choice – we identified that there is an active approach t enabling people to receive a service in the language of their choice.
- Partnerships, integration and co-production – CCC and Hywel Dda University Health Board (HDUHB) work collaboratively and responsively to support independence at time of acute ill-health.
- Prevention and early intervention – we found that Health and social care staff work collaboratively towards a shared vision of addressing the needs of people in the community, with a developing focus on prevention and promotion of independence.
Areas for improvement
- Well-being – we identified a need to ensure qualitative performance information is gathered across the directorate and this provides opportunity for learning across the service.
- People voice and choice – CCC need to ensure a sufficient range of services is available to carers across the Local Authority.
- Partnerships, integration and co-production – we recommend that there should be an equity of services across all areas of the county.
- Prevention and early intervention – we identified a need to continue to connect communities to services through engagement with people and partners to help prevent escalation of need.
CIW and HIW expect the local authority and local health board to give attention to areas for improvement in the report. CIW will monitor progress through its on-going performance evaluation activity with Carmarthenshire County Council.
To view all our findings and recommendations read the full report below.
- File size:647 KB