Latest information on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you have a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus, you need to inform us. Please use our notification process for infectious diseases.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have captured some of your most frequently asked questions for care providers and staff across Wales.
27 March 2020
The latest guidance information from Welsh Government
Childcare and play services
All childcare and play services in Wales are advised to note the latest guidance about COVID-19 to reflect current developments:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): educational settings guidance
- Coronavirus and childcare provision: frequently asked questions
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): What you need to know about access to schools and childcare
Although the guidance is mainly directed at schools and education services, the same applies to all childcare and play services. All such services are asked to take note of this guidance and to regularly check the Public Health Wales website where any future updates will be published directly. From this website you can also access advice issued by the UK Government.
Care and residential services
All social/community and residential services in Wales are advised to note the latest guidance about COVID-19 to reflect current developments:
- Learning Disability Wales: resources for people with a learning disability
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE): A quick guide for managers and staff in care homes
- Business Wales: COVID-19 Support for Business
- Social Care Wales: Coronavirus and our work, what you need to know
- The National Assembly’s Research Service: Coronavirus: help and information for people in Wales
- Public Health England: Responding to COVID-19, the ethical framework for adult social care
- Public Health England: Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance on isolation for residential educational settings