Coronavirus (COVID-19): Our approach to Registration and Variation applications
In order to continue our registration work, we have adapted some of our processes.
We recognise there will be a need to increase capacity in the social care and childcare and play sector in response to the COVID-19 emergency. Whilst we have paused our routine inspection regime, we will prioritise and divert additional resources to registration and variation work.
The registration teams will prioritise areas of work in the order outlined below:
- All registration and variation work that supports providers to provide services as a result of COVID-19.
- All registration and variation work that will bring additional capacity to the sector.
- Registration of services operating without registration
- High-risk registrations or variations, for example, relating to the purchase of services in administration.
- All other registration and variation work.
Site visits will only occur when absolutely necessary and if there are no other means of assessing the suitability of the premises.
We will be adopting alternative methods of identification checking remotely, for example via Skype.
We will be meeting with applicants and Responsible Individuals remotely, including to undertake registration interviews.
We will take a pragmatic and proportionate approach to support the delivery of new, additional or innovative services to ensure people get the care that they need as a result of COVID-19.