Information and guidance to help you register a service.
Who needs to register?
- Care home services
- Secure accommodation services
- Residential family centre services
- Domiciliary support services (a service that can provide care in your own home as well as general support)
- Adoption services
- Fostering services
- Adult placement services
- Advocacy services.
How to register
Services registering under the Regulation and Inspection of Social Care Act (Wales) 2016
To register a service with us you must complete and submit an application to register using CIW Online (External link).
Before you apply
You should read the Regulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016 (External link) and Statutory guidance. (External link)
Before you apply online you need:
- An electronic version of the Statement of Purpose for each service you are applying to register
- All Responsible Individuals (RIs) and individual applicants must have a current DBS certificate - either be signed up to the update service and be able to provide their details or their DBS certificate must be no older than 3 months at the time of submission
- A copy of the floor plans
- A bank reference (this is not required for local authorities or local health boards)
- A business plan for the first two years of the proposed service (this is not required for local authorities or local health boards)
- A detailed projected cash flow (this is not required for local authorities or local health boards)
- Annual accounts for the last 2 years, if any (this is not required for individual applicants, local authorities or local health boards)
- A structural plan of the organisation (this is not required for individual applicants)
- Responsible Individuals (RIs) will need to have a medical reference- you will be required to upload this with your application
- File size:720 KB
- File size:249 KB
- File size:736 KB
- File size:725 KB
- File size:393 KB
- File size:392 KB